Rough Boring Heads
The short and compact design of the components combined with a positive and friction locked connection between the tool body and insert holders provide maximum rigidity and highest cutting performance.
The following products are available:
- MW Rough Boring Head: Straight-shank indexable rough boring tools for small diameters based on the BIG KAISER 319 SW series.
- SW Rough Boring Head: Maximum performance and versatility for rough and semi-finish boring operations. Standard insert holders permit, balanced- and stepped-boring as well as additional accessories for back-boring, chamfering, and face grooving.
- SW-AL Rough Boring Head: Lightweight solution combined with the CKN modular connection. They are ideal for long-reach applications where steel tools may exceed ATC weight/moment limits.
- SW Smart Damper Rough Boring Head: The solution for vibration-free rough boring. Its built-in patented Smart Damper technology is located close to the cutting edge and lifts the performance of rough boring on a new level.
- TWN Rough Boring Head: Series 315 TWN twin cutter boring heads are designed for heavy duty rough boring and semi-finishing operations.